We’ve Put an End to Working in the Blind.
DSC VISION is a highly innovative, user-friendly bottom visualization system that provides dredge operators and managers with “eyes below the water.”
Prior to DSC VISION, operators relied on upon dredging experience, machine feel, and subjective instrumentation for ensuring real-time productivity; and post-dredging surveys for precise bathymetry or stockpile measurements and accurate mine planning. The DSC Vision system integrates geographical dredge cutterhead position and heading, multibeam sonar imaging and mapping, dredge navigation and instrumentation, remote connectivity and monitoring, and a user graphical display and software interface that correctly depicts the current dredge location, depth of the cutterhead, and topography of the bottom. This technology leaves little to chance as the operator can see the entire bottom around the dredge and this data is stored into a comprehensive map of the dredging area or mine site for computation, historical documentation, and future planning.
DSC VISION delivers:
- Increased Efficiency: The ability to visualize your underwater environment allows operators to move accurately and efficiently, expediting dredge operations, and increasing profitability.
- Return on Investment: Easy to follow color-coded progress view puts an end to over-dredging, high spots, and/or the need to go back for additional clean-ups. The ability to surgically dredge decreases operating costs allowing the technology to pay for itself and more.
- Operator Confidence: Even new operators can quickly and easily understand and adapt to the technology; more experienced operators work faster with real-time updates allowing for greater control.
- Mine Planning: The technology creates a map showing where dredging operations have and have not occurred. With a quick scan from the dredge, cave-ins can be detected, and the operator can recover the material left behind.
- Multiple Site Solutions: DSC VISION can be provided with varying levels of accuracy and bottom detection for jobs of any cost and complexity. The system is integrated into all processor-controlled DSC Dredge models and can be added to any existing dredge from any manufacturer.
- Real-Time Checks and Balances: Real-time updates via sonar scans identify progress and help detect target areas before moving the dredge, reducing rework and ensuring the job is completed to specification.
- Reporting: Full reporting capabilities allow managers to monitor job progress, validate project completion, and compare project efficiency.
- Remote Access: Real-time remote access to the operator’s screen allows for project training, troubleshooting, support, and status updates from anywhere in the world.
- Safety: The guidance and inspection system ensures full situational awareness to locate and identify submerged, partially buried unknown objects, cables, or other hazards under the waterline before and while digging.
Innovative Dredging Solutions
Through this highly innovative, joint technology development between DSC Dredge, Teledyne Marine, and Trimble, dredge owners can leverage the competitive advantage of accurately and precisely excavating desired areas without leaving material behind from cave-ins or oversteps, which leads to higher production rates, lower energy consumption and reduced downtime.
DSC VISION adds immense value to a wide range of dredge applications including:
- Lake Management
- Aggregate Mining
- Navigational Dredging
- Contract Dredging
- Environmental Clean-Up
- Coastal Restoration
- Recreational Dredging
Three Key Components
Trimble delivers flexible, high performance positioning systems to meet the unique needs of dredge and marine construction operations. The portfolio includes marine information systems, GNSS receivers, antennas, radios, and inertial positioning systems, all of which can be used to provide accurate cutter head and sonar positioning.
Teledyne Marine Imaging Sonars
Teledyne Marine has long been a leader in sonar imaging technology used to map oceans, waterways, and marine infrastructure for commercial, defense, and academic applications around the globe. Teledyne Marine continues to lead the way in infrastructure operations, with a line of compact, ruggedized 2D (imaging) and 3D (bathymetry) sonars that deliver underwater images and data with the range and resolution required in murky dredging environments.
DSC Vision Operator Interface
DSC Dredge, Teledyne Marine, and Trimble were instrumental in creating a data-rich, simple to use visual interface to efficiently guide dredge operators across the bottom of any lake, river, or reservoir.
Dredge Integration Including Dredge RX DSC Dredge is a world leader in portable dredging equipment and dredge innovation. DSC has extended it Dredge RX remote connectivity into the DSC Vision system allowing it to be monitored and updated anywhere in the world. DSC has also integrated the DSC Vision system into its dredge control system to assist the operator in dredge navigation and production.
SHARKUDA® and DSC VISION:
Extraordinary Solutions for Ordinary Challenges
At DSC Dredge, we know designing and building the exact dredge to boost your efficiency and lower your costs involves working with you and learning your story. The SHARKUDA® dredge is designed to excel in areas otherwise difficult to access. Partnered with the innovative technology behind DSC VISION, dredge operators can now manage projects with heightened efficiency, resulting in increased profitability and overall success rates.
We selected DSC's SHARKUDA® Dredge based on its innovative technology and increased production efficiency. DSC's sales and service teams have been extremely attentive to our specific needs in order to provide a quality product for our project."
-Page Riley, Phillips and Jordan, Inc., SHARKUDA® Owner
"DSC's craftmanship on their dredges exceeds any others on the market."
-Charlie Machell, RK Hall Aggregate Manager, SHARKUDA® & DSC VISION Owner
Standard SHARKUDA® Features:
- Diesel or electric power
- Hull-mounted heavy-duty dredge pump
- Offers a higher efficiency than swinging ladder and conventional dredges
- PLC operating system
- Custom features, sizes and designs available
- Patented Spud Glider system
- Dredging depths up to 43 ft. (13.1 m)
- Various discharge sizes